Monday, August 2, 2010

Georgia's Kitchen by Jenny Nelson Book Tour



Georgia Gray has a bright future ahead of her as an up and coming chef, she works at one of the best restaurants in NYC and is on the verge of getting a career making review. Or so she thinks, instead of her well deserved rave review she receives a horrible review that costs her her job. To make matters worse, her fiancee decides to call off their wedding just hours after getting fired. Jobless and fiancee-less, Georgia decides to escape to Italy to work for a former employer who is opening up a new restaurant. There she meets Gianni, who gives her a very appealing offer with one catch, she'd have to stay for longer than she had planned. Will Georgia take the job or chase her actual dreams and open a restaurant of her own?

Georgia is down on her luck, she's just lost her job and her fiance and after her awful review no top-notch restaurant with any sense would want to hire her. So she goes back to work for a woman who had been really influential in her past and is able to find/learn a lot more than she expected. I liked the plot and how Nelson has Georgia leave the country after being publicly humiliated, its something I'm sure we've all wished for previously.

In Italy, Georgia learns the importance of having hope and chasing after her dreams. She doesn't take the easy way out and I admired her for that. I enjoyed this novel because it was so hopeful, Georgia never gave up hope of getting what she wanted the most, her own restaurant. I found myself entranced with this novel and wished I could venture out to the Italian countryside and attempt to learn to cook. I found Georgia to be very agreeable, she really is amazing and I wanted her to succeed.

If you're looking for a feel good novel with a happy ending then this is for you. I'd give it 4.5 out of 5 stars.

Disclaimer: I did not receive compensation for this review, I did however receive a copy for review. This is my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment