Thursday, July 29, 2010

And One Last Thing by Molly Harper Book Tour



If Singletree's only florist didn't deliver her posies half-drunk, I might still be married to that floor-licking, scum-sucking, receptionist nailing hack-accountant, Mike Terwilliger.


With a first sentence like that, I knew I was going to be in for a treat with this book and boy was I right. This book is extremely entertaining, I fell in love with the witty Lacey and came to admire her. See Lacey comes to find out that her husband is cheating on her with his secretary when roses are accidentally sent to her house. The seemingly perfect wife, Lacey doesn't know how to react and then one night in anger she decides to email out a newsletter to everyone Mike knows (even his parents!) detailing her findings. But what Lacey doesn't realize is just how big this is going to get and the fact that once out for everyone to see, she can't undo it. The letter gets much bigger than she expects and she goes into hiding from the world temporarily, seeking retreat in her family's cabin. But even there she can't escape what she's done, will she be able to handle it? Especially when a new neighbor comes into her life?

I thought this book was great, it had me laughing so often. I loved that Lacey actually had to deal with the consequences of the email and it didn't just disappear. This book is a great read for every angry/hurt woman who has done something/said something that she regrets. It was able to remind me that while not every relationship is successful there's still hope for everyone to find something better.

I would give this 5 out of 5 stars.

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book in return for my honest review. The opinions expressed here are my own.

1 comment:

  1. New follower from Book Blogs. Glad to know you liked this book. I need to read it!

    ReplyDelete