Monday, July 26, 2010

The Nanny Diaries by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus

While walking through the park one day, Nanny ends up finding a lot more than she bargained for. Her stroll in the park allows her to meet Mrs. X, a woman who quickly turns Nanny’s life upside down. Nanny takes on the job as nanny to Mrs. X’s only son and soon realizes that taking care of a four year old is much more complicated than it seems, especially when your employer is as self-centered as Mrs. X. The novel traces Nanny’s struggle as she tries to keep her own sanity while having to cater to Mrs. X’s every whim and desire.

This was another book that I absolutely loved; recently I have been really lucky and keep finding books that I really enjoy. I can see why this was a bestseller and why it was turned into a movie (although I watched the movie after finishing the book and was somewhat disappointed but that’s another story). I loved the characters in this book! This was especially true for the self-centered Mrs. X, whom while I would hate to have as my own employer, I loved to hate her. I also loved Nanny, I found that I could relate to her horror stories but I couldn’t understand why she put up with as much as she did, I definitely would have left. This is an entertaining read, it would be perfect for the beach.

Disclaimer: I received no compensation for this review, I purchased this book myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment