Saturday, July 3, 2010

The Reading Group by Elizabeth Noble



I absolutely loved this book! It made me wish that I belonged to a book club or that I could get my friends interested in starting one. I thought it was wonderfully written and actually got me interested in the books that they discussed in their meetings(maybe some more reading material for me once I finish my already large TBR pile). But really I thought it was great, I loved how close the characters become over time and how much changes within the year that the club starts to the end of the novel. I also loved how the characters grow throughout the novel, I found myself cheering them on when they had done well and feeling sorry for their mistakes.

I also enjoyed how realistic it seemed, it didn't portray five women who were completely content with their lives, instead it showed five women who had to actually work to find happiness within their lives and relationships. It showed that not every marriage or relationship is meant to last and that's ok. It also just made me feel really happy to have great girlfriends and reminded me how important that is. Another part of the novel I loved was just how British it is, my best friend just got back from studying in England and the characters related to her experience. I would recommend this book to anyone looking for a funny entertaining summer read, I really did love it. This could be a great book to share with your girlfriends.

Disclaimer: I did not receive any compensation for this review. This book was purchased at my local library's book sale.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Andie, you had left a comment for the Silk Pure Almond giveaway that I have going on at my blog but you also need to be a follower for the entry to count. If you can do that, because it's part of the mandatory entry, that would be great. Thanks for entering!

    Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book looks great-I am putting it on my wish list. Thank you for stopping by and feeding the kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for stopping by! I love your blog and am going to pass it along to all my friends who love to read!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice review!! I love to read too! Thanks for stopping by my recipe blog!

    ReplyDelete