Friday, January 18, 2013

Blue Suede Shoes by Deborah Reardon





From Amazon.com
Thirty-one year old Clare Paxton opens the door to her childhood friend Derek and his discovery. Little 4-year-old Mary Martin had been missing and all that was left were her articles of clothing and a large pool of blood. Having interrupted her Criminology Degree for her mother's feigned illness, Clare's unending questioning her own life's choices is heightened by this tragedy. Clare embroils herself in the investigation because of her personal mistrust of Mary's parents while romantically conflicted with the Chief of Police.

Reading the description of this novel, I thought this would be something that I would easily get into and really enjoy, unfortunately this was not the case. I’m the type of person that likes to finish all the books I start so I did read this in its entirety but I really struggled to do so. The beginning is great but after the first few pages the novel loses its steam, becoming almost too detailed and unfocused. The overall plot of the book is good but this would have been better if it were focused more so I'll give it two stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment