Monday, March 17, 2014

Oh to Grace by Abby Rosser



Oh to Grace begins as the required interview of a great great aunt for a creative writing assignment.  Throughout the novel, we learn more about the family history through non-sequential stories told from alternating perspectives.  In these stories, we learn of the how the family has struggled and preserved, we read about their tragedies and successes, of love and death.

I found myself hooked from the beginning and couldn’t put the novel down.  I loved learning more about the Watson family and found myself transported back to their rural town in Tennessee. I couldn’t wait to dive in deeper and finally be able to connect the stories together.  To be honest, I was a bit confused at first by the switching of dates and perspectives but believe that the author did a good job at interweaving the story together in the end and was happy with the ending.

Overall, it was an enjoyable read and would recommend the novel to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment