Monday, March 17, 2014

Thanksgiving by Ellen Cooney

-->
Thanksgiving by Ellen Cooney tracks the Morley family throughout 350 years of Thanksgivings.  Told through the perspective of generations of Morley women, the reader is able to follow the family as it grows and changes throughout the centuries.  We are able to see how traditions develop and change.  Each chapter skips ahead several years glossing over major changes in the family, which we become aware of throughout the chapter.

When I started the reading, I was really excited by the plot and captivated by the story.  After a few chapters, I lost interest but kept reading hoping that something more would happen.  Unfortunately, the plot development that I was anticipating didn’t occur and I was left disappointed overall.  I would rate this  novel 2 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment