Monday, November 2, 2009

Review: Beat the Reaper by Josh Bazell

My thoughts-This book was not what I expected at all, but still I absolutely loved it. It was a lot darker and a bit more lewd than I had originally thought but since it is a story about the mob, it makes sense. The story is told by alternating between the past and the present, I really liked how it is formed using flashback fragments and how it comes together at the end. As you may or may not know this book is going to be made into a movie that will be released pretty soon, after reading the book I know I am definitely going to go see the movie. It is thrilling, funny and was able to keep my attention the entire time, I can't wait to see what this author has in store for us next.

disclaimer: I did not receive compensation for this review. I won this book in a giveaway.

No comments:

Post a Comment