Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Review: The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

My thoughts- O my gosh this was so good! I usually don't like seeing movies before I read the book but my sister really wanted to go this summer so we did. After watching the movie, I decided to go out and buy the book and boy was I not disappointed. I should have been writing a paper that is due for my class Friday but I literally couldn't stop reading.

Since I think I'm pretty sure I'm just about the last person to read this book, I think everyone knows what the plot is. Henry is a time traveler and he is married to Clare. She knows him all her life but he only meets her when he is 28. The book traces their life together and the problems they face because of the fact that they are not always in the same time. I thought it was a great story about waiting, longing and losing and how difficult it is when you are not on the same page so to speak as the one you love. It is about the power of love to transgress the conventions of normality and how endurance and perseverance are necessary to get what you desire. And about just how difficult it is to wait and to be left in the dark.

Do yourself a favor and pick up this book.

Disclaimer: I did not receive any monetary compensation for this review, this book was purchased from my local bookstore.

3 comments:

  1. I've read this one and I definitely enjoyed it! Glad you enjoyed it too. Thanks for the review!


    Natalie @ Mindful Musings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book, too! It was really fantastic (I'm a sucker for a good romance).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been dying to read this. Have it on hold at the library and still waiting for it to come in. Glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete